Tuesday, June 1, 2010

His love never ends.

My best friend wrote an amazing blogpost about one of my favorite songs today. Check it out. The song is "Times" by Tenth Avenue North and it is quite amazing. I suggest you listen to it here.
Tonight I laid down in my bed, trying to go to sleep, and began to pray a very very selfish prayer. (it went a little something like "dear God, please help me to not be sick in the morning so I can have fun with my friends".) As I prayed I realized that was the first time I have talked to God in awhile. Sure, I've sung to him on sunday mornings and thanked him for the food before dinner, but I havent really talked to my King in like a few weeks, maybe. Immediately I felt super guilty and started spitting out apologies to God, I felt terrible. Thats when he sang this to me.
"My love is over, it's
underneath, it's inside, it's in between"
I guess I've just been really content lately. Alot of good stuff is happening, and I don't have too many burdens or struggles I feel the need to pray about. I can't stop thinking about how it really sucks that we feel like we don't need God when things are going okay. I hadn't slowed down to talk to him, listen to him, or even thank him for all the wonderful things he is doing. But now, Im praying to ask him to make my fever go away becuase, poor me, has been stuck in an air conditioned, carpet-floored house, in front of a t.v, with her loving family, for over 48 hours and can't stop feeling sorry for myself. Really, Katie? How selfish can you get? But of course, as God sang this song in my head, I realized how true it really is. He really does love us. No matter how long we can go without talking to him, or how much "stuff" we put in the way of worshiping him. No matter how much we stop to listen, or appreciate him. No matter how "good", or "bad" we have been, he still loves us more than we could ever imagine, and it never changes. I could never love like that. When I do something nice for someone, I often secretly expect something back way deep down. God doesn't expect anything back. He gives, gives, gives, and expects nothing in return, it's incredible. Yet, we continue to live our lives as passionless christians who open up their bibles once a week. My God deserves better than that. "God deserves me at my best" I wrote those words on a peice of paper at a girls retreat last summer. I have not been giving God my best. Have you?
photo cred: Martin Jean-Gabriel Sevrin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment