Friday, April 22, 2011

How great the Father's love for us.


Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

Isaiah 53:5-6
[But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned-everyone- to his own way;
and the Lord laid on him the iniquity of us all.]

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. one of my favorite songs.
    thanks for being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete